xemacs21: Cannot specify `-batch' with file names [was: Re: dpkg: error processing xemacs21-nomule (--configure)]

doogie@debian.org (Adam Heath) writes:

> On Thu, 31 May 2001, Paul Seelig wrote:
>
> > xemacs21: Cannot specify `-batch' with file names
> > emacs-install: /usr/lib/emacsen-common/packages/install/emacsen-common
> > xemacs21 failed at /usr/lib/emacsen-common/emacs-install line 28.
>
> This is an emacs error, not a dpkg error.  Because the install of
> xemacs21-nomule failed, no other pkg that depends on it can be installed.

Yes, the problem seems in first place to be "xemacs21: Cannot specify
`-batch' with file names".  But strange enough, the AMD200 with an
identical system doesn't show this error message and xemacs21 does
what it's supposed to to.  I've recompiled XEmacs21 considering all
build-dep issues (thanks to apt-get) on the i686 and tried to install
the resulting binaries (after completely purging all former XEmacs21
binaries and configuration files from /etc).  Same procedure as
before, Emacs20 from unstable on the other hand did install properly.

                                Still stumped, P. *8^)
--
   ------------ Paul Seelig <pseelig@mail.uni-mainz.de> -------------