Re: debsign process

On Wed, May 30, 2001 at 08:17:44PM +0100, Julian Gilbey wrote:
> On Wed, May 30, 2001 at 08:48:16PM +0200, Sander Smeenk (CistroN Medewerker) wrote:
> > Hey,
> >
> > If the debsign process fails the first sign, because you enter the
> > invalid passphrase for your gpgkey, no *.changes are created.
> >
> > This seems unlogic! Shouldn't it create *.changes and *.dsc files,
> > and then start signing, so if it fails, one can run debsign on
> > the *.changes file manually?
>
> Agreed!  Please file this as a wishlist bug against dpkg-dev (the
> program involved is dpkg-buildpackage).

Maybe the debsign should be renamed dpkg-sign, and added to dpkg-dev.
That way it can be called seperately (and we combine code).

Also, FYI, someone is offering to recreate debsign as a C program, so
that it only has to ask for the passphrase once. This will help a lot,
especially if/when package signing is an everyday occurence.

Ben