Re: packages in main and non-US/main

On Wed, May 30, 2001 at 11:37:04PM +1000, Hamish Moffatt wrote:

> non-US/main should not be considered a second class citizen. It is
> a cousin of main; everything in there is still free, and for people
> in the free world it is just another archive.

In fact, for almost everybody, it is just another archive.

The *only* class of people for which non-US/main is a problem is those
based in the U.S. who wish to burn a CD and ship it back outside the
U.S.  I don't know why we pander to them.  Let's move the archive
outside the US, merge main and non-US/main, and let them sort out
which they can put on their CD.

"non-US" is a terrible name.

-S

--