Re: woody release task needs help: package priorities

J.A. Bezemer wrote:
> > It might be useful to be able to get these sorts of things back using a
> > 'unix-servers' task or similar.

Implemented now btw.

> What about making a few task-* packages standard and have tasksel pre-select
> them by default? (I.e. start with [X] instead of [ ])

That's not a bad idea.

> Another thing: will it still be _easy_ to install a small system without gcc,
> emacs, lpr, rcs etc.?

Yes, at least two simple ways with the latest rev of base-config. Either
choose not to run tasksel or dselect at all (which results in just the
base system being installed), or have it run first tasksel, and then
dselect and de-select anything you dislike.

--
see shy jo