Re: fortunes optional or extra

On Wed, May 30, 2001 at 11:13:39AM +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:
> In my opinion those databases should have allways the same priority
> to get listed together.  What do you think which priority might be
> apropriate.

Quoting from policy section 2.2:

Important programs, including those which one would expect to find on
any Unix-like system. If the expectation is that an experienced Unix
person who found it missing would say `What on earth is going on, where
is foo?', it must be an important package.

By this definition, surely fortunes are Important? :)

--
Andrew Suffield <asuffield@users.sourceforge.net>
Dept. of Computing, Imperial College, London, UK