Re: Is there a tool which keeps track of space on filesystems during install?

On May 25, 12:49pm, Itai Zukerman wrote:
> I think this functionality belongs more properly to dpkg.  You want to
> stop dpkg from unpacking a .deb that it *suspects* won't fit in the space
> left.  It *suspects* that it won't fit if after unpacking the .deb files
> there won't be any space left.  That can be tested without unpacking
> the .deb.

By doing tar t instead of tar x. Still, one would have to waist time (and
possibly some connection time if he pays for it) to download packages he
won't install anyway.

        Pawel

--
 (___)  | Pawel Wiecek ---- <+48603240006> ---- http://www.coven.vmh.net/ |