Re: Proposed Autoconf 2.50 path

Okay, so the conclusion seems to be there is no reliable way to
check whether autoconf is really needed, without actually trying
to build it.  I am starting with packages that declare
Build-Depends: on it and trying out autoconf-2.50 on it to see
what breaks, as a heuristic.  I'll summarize results to the list.
--
"If a person keeps faithfully busy each hour of the working day, he
 can count on waking up some morning to find himself one of the