Re: Proposed Autoconf 2.50 path

Henrique de Moraes Holschuh <hmh@debian.org> writes:

> On Fri, 25 May 2001, Ben Pfaff wrote:
> > If a package doesn't declare a build-depends on autoconf then it
> > isn't allowed to use it at build time, since autoconf is not
>
> If it doesn't declare any build-depends at all, it might use autoconf, so
> one must manually check :(

I think that's also a bug, and hence not really my problem either:

2.4.2. Package relationships

     Source packages should specify which binary packages they
     require to be installed or not to be installed in order to
     build correctly.  For example, if building a package
     requires a certain compiler, then the compiler should be
     specified as a build-time dependency.