Re: upgrading to postgresql 7.1

    Oliver> pg_hba.conf is self-documented.

    Oliver> "blind trust" is:

    Oliver>     local all trust

    Oliver> for UNIX socket access, or

[...]

    Oliver> "trust" authentication means that anyone is allowed to
    Oliver> connect as any PostgreSQL user without authentication or
    Oliver> restriction.

Thats the setup I have ;-). I was under the impression that postgresql
was able to lookup the user on the remote end on the socket, and use
that to tell who is allowed to connect, or am I mistaken? (or perhaps
some upgrade script modified that file without me realizing[1]?).

Anyway, I guess my problems have nothing to do with blind trust.

Note:

[1] on my stable system pg_hba is self documented, on my unstable
system though, it contains one line:

local all trust
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>