Pre-ITP: Kernel-based PPP over X

Hi,

 I am currently running kernel-based PPPoE on a potato system; the
needed packages are already done. Try (it's dynamic):

 ftp://olurdix.dnsalias.com/pub/debian-olurdix-updates/README
  (currently german only)
 ftp://olurdix.dnsalias.com/pub/debian-olurdix-updates/Kernel-PPPoE-With-Debian-2.2-HOWTO.txt
  (mostly german ;)
 deb[-src] ftp://olurdix.dnsalias.com/pub/debian-olurdix-updates/ potato group-pppox

First, there are certain things I would like to know:

1. pppox patch (2.2.17+): It's from the pppoed package in contrib, but there is no specific
licence attached, so it's somewhat unclear (althoigh it's obviously GPL-intended). Authors
mentioned in the source are Jamal Hadi Salim <hadi@cyberus.ca> and Andi Kleen <ak@suse.de>.
Some clarification on that, or some other patch for 2.2.x?

2. pppoed: There is a Debian Source Tree in the pppoed Package by Amy
Fong <afong@furryterror.org>.  Are you a debian developer to be? Will
you mantain the package?

Secondly, as for the ITP to come (if no suprising answers emerge...), I'd
like to package pppoed for woody/testing; i.e.

src: pppoed       bins: kernel-patch-2.2.*-pppox, pppoed

MfG,

Stephan
--
Stephan A Suerken <absurd@olurdix.de>