Re: /etc getting big

On Thu, 17 May 2001, Branden Robinson wrote:

> On Thu, May 17, 2001 at 04:23:11PM +0200, Bill Allombert wrote:
> > /etc/X11/xkb contains lots of files and I thing none of them are really
> > to be edited.
>
> That's not correct.  Ask anyone whose keyboard doesn't work right because
> its XKB description file is not quite right.  Or someone who, e.g., feels
> that the Alt keys should generate Meta keysyms.

Of course, but why not do it like the console-data package does it, that
just copies stuff that is needed into /etc/console-data?

I've got a i386 here and I'm not really sure why I *have* to have sgi,
atari and sony keycodes and another 1.3M of similar stuff in /etc.

*t

             Tomas Pospisek
	     http://sourcepole.ch
	     Tel: +41 (81) 330 77 11