Re: reminder: menu icons should be 32x32 or smaller!

On Thu, 10 May 2001, Wolfgang Sourdeau wrote:

> While we are on the subject, is the 24 colours palette really
> mandatory ? If so, why since most of modern displays depth are at
> least 8bpp?
>
> Icons with only 24 colours are just dirty when you have to adapt them
> from beautiful 8bpp icons, while 8bpp icons are still acceptable when
> they are made from 24bpp icons.

Please, keep it as few as possible.

There are still enough systems with 8bpp. And when the whole 8bpp is
used by the icons, it begins palatte-switsching, colour-guessing and
many other ugly things. It becomes just a *pain* to use, if there is
only *one* programm or *one* icon with too much colours.

Hochachtungsvoll,
  Bernhard R. Link