Re: Packages not making it into testing

Adrian Bunk wrote:

> First, I look at update_excuses [1] if there's a reason listed why a
> package won't go into testin. If not, I go to the end of update_output [2]
> to see on which architecture(s) the problem occurs. Then I do download the
> binary package for this architecture and compare it's dependencies with
> the one's on my architecture (i386) and I try to guess where the
> difference is and check on update_excuses [1] if one or more of the
> differing packages haven't made it into testing until now. With a bit
> experience you find most of the problems this way (although I must admit
> that there are packages where I don't find the problem - I ask ajt in
> these cases).
>
> [1] http://ftp-master.debian.org/testing/update_excuses.html
> [2] http://ftp-master.debian.org/testing/update_output.txt

I tried this for gri.  The last occurrence of "gri" in
update_output.txt in says:

gri: powerpc: gri

So I gather that the powerpc build is the problem.  I looked and
both powerpc and sparc packages depends on netcdfg3 (>= 3.5.0-1).
The version of netcdfg3 in testing is 3.4-7 (same as in potato).

However, netcdfg3 is _not_ listed in update_output.txt nor in
update_excuses.html.   All it depends on is libc6.  Here are the
netcdfg3_3.5.0-2 packages on ftp-master:

 Apr  5 04:16 netcdfg3_3.5.0-2_alpha.deb
 Apr  6 10:25 netcdfg3_3.5.0-2_arm.deb
 Apr  4 07:16 netcdfg3_3.5.0-2_i386.deb
 Apr 10 06:06 netcdfg3_3.5.0-2_m68k.deb
 Apr  5 14:17 netcdfg3_3.5.0-2_powerpc.deb
 Apr  5 14:36 netcdfg3_3.5.0-2_sparc.deb

% foreach D (netcdfg3_3.5.0-2*deb)
foreach? dpkg --info $D | grep Depends
foreach? end
 Depends: libc6.1 (>= 2.2.2-2)
 Depends: libc6 (>= 2.2.1-2)
 Depends: libc6 (>= 2.2.1-2)
 Depends: libc6 (>= 2.2.1-2)
 Depends: libc6 (>= 2.2.1-2)
 Depends: libc6 (>= 2.2.2-2)

And testing has libc6 2.2.3-1 (and recently had 2.2.2-4), so
that's not the problem.

So... I don't understand why the 1-month old netcdfg3 isn't going
into testing.  It has no open bugs against it.

Any ideas?
Thanks,

Peter