weird LDAP situation

Hello,

I did something wrong(?) with my LDAP database, and now I have a group
which

a) doesn't exist according to ldapsearch.

b) does exist according to slapcat. Looks fine to me.

c) trying to delete it with ldapdelete comes up with Unknown error
(80) (instead of the No such object (32) error).

d) trying to create a new group with the same name results in a object
already exists error.

So I am beginning to think that I may have accidently triggered a bug
(or maybe what I was doing was completely wrong) that has corrupted
that database entry.

Any ideas?

This is really weird.
--