Re: RFC: Potential solution for module building

    Herbert> Sam Hartman <hartmans@debian.org> wrote:
    >> for needs to be determined by the architecture maintainers.
    >> For Sparc, modversions are not used so you can probably build
    >> one sparc and one sparc64 module.  For i386, you need to build
    >> a module for each

    Herbert> I haven't read the whole message yet.  But I'd just like
    Herbert> say that modversions is not the reason to compile modules
    Herbert> for each kernel-image package.  Modversions help you to
    Herbert> identify when you need to do that.

Sure, agreed.  I was being sloppy.  Basically it's up to you as a
kernel-image maintainer to decide what sets of modules you need to
build against.  Since we are looking for an automated solution, we're
going to have to be conservative and may end up building slightly more
modules than we strictly need, but we will at least have modules that work.