Clarifications [ Was Re: Giram: Request for removal ]

Steve Greenland <steveg@moregruel.net> wrote:

> Just in case you haven't done so, the standard way to remove a package
> is to file a bug against the package "ftp.debian.org" with subject like
> "Please remove giram packages from the archive", and then list the exact
> pacakages in the body.

There has been a misunderstanding about this thread. I guess I should have
written "I will request for removal" instead of "I'm requesting for removal".
I just intended to inform people about what I intend to do and what are the
reasons for the request. I'm sure some of my arguments applies to many
applications in Debian.

Regards,

Jérôme Marant <jerome.marant@free.fr>