Re: xfs,powerpc, gcc (was Re: RaiserFS PPC status)

On Mon, May 07, 2001 at 04:27:18PM +0200, Just a friendly Jedi Knight wrote:
>  Nathan Scott from SGI send me patch but it didn't work. I now figured some
>  other way to fix that and it seems it partially worked (now it quits with:
 It looks like my "fix" made the trick (i mailed my solution to Nathan Scott
 already) and mkxfs works and now i have one little partition using xfs =o)))

> === mkfile ===
> gcc -g -DDEBUG -funsigned-char -Wall  -I../include '-DVERSION="1.2.4"'
> -D_GNU_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -DXFS_BIG_FILES=1
> -DXFS_BIG_FILESYSTEMS=1   -c -o xfs_mkfile.o xfs_mkfile.c
> xfs_mkfile.c: In function `main':
> xfs_mkfile.c:144: `O_DIRECT' undeclared (first use in this function)
 This one bites me a bit. O_DIRECT is missing from bits/fcntl.h on powerpc
 (at least on my installation and i sure i didn't mess with libc6-dev). It's
 sid/unstable branch. I don't remeber if the intel box i compiled xfsprogs
 was running sid/unstable or woody/testing (and this box is down right now)
 but there was no problem in compiling xfs_mkfile.. Is this another wierdo of
 PowerPC arch? (as is with varargs).

 Anyway if there is somone outthere willing to try powerpc xfsprogs please
 point your apt-get at

deb ftp://ftp.plukwa.net/debian-local sid main

(there are only xfsprogs, xfslibs-dev and reiserfsprogs patched to run on
powerpc)

--
 Robert Ramiega | jedi@plukwa.net  IRC: _Jedi_ | Do not underestimate
 UIN: 13201047  | http://www.plukwa.net/       | the power of  Source