Re: Work-needing packages report for May 4, 2001

On 04-May-2001 Noah L. Meyerhans wrote:
> retitle 86871 ITA: snarf -- command line URL grabber
>
>>    snarf (#86871), orphaned 71 days ago
>
> I'll take this.  It's one of the first packages I install on a new
> system, and I use it all the time.  Plus I know the guy who wrote it.
>
> And anybody who thinks wget is a good replacement for snarf hasn't read
> http://www.xach.com/snarf/comparison-table.php3  8^)

I hope that's a joke, because, based _solely_ on that comparison table, the
reason one should use snarf over wget is because it has a cool progressbar. I'd
rather have the recursive download support that wget has and snarf lacks.. I'll
take a look at snarf, anyway, it might be nicer than wget here and there.

--
carlos laviola - icq #981913
$ chown us:us /your_base -R