Re: Many ports open by default

On Mon, Apr 30, 2001 at 11:52:46PM +0000, Will Lowe wrote:
> Sure, don't run the daemon at all.  When you install exim, "rm
> /etc/init.d/rc?.d/S*exim" and it won't start.  Local processes will be

BTW, I think this is what ssh should do if you choose not to run the
daemon on startup (rather than making /etc/init.d/ssh not work at all).
I have ssh installed on my laptop, and I don't want it running by
default, but I'd like to be able to start and stop it with the
/etc/init.d script.  Anyone else agree with this (should I file a bug)?
							- Tom