Re: Q about g++-3 and template instantiation

Ilya, thanks VERY MUCH.  This solved my problem in a flash.  My
application (38 thousand lines, compared to the 6 lines of my
test-file) now compiles and links properly in g++-3, and, with a
preprocessor switch, in g++-2 as well.  In case other folks are
interested, below is how I now do it (sorry that I test for __GNUC__;
this code is meant to work for many other compilers as well) ...

  #if defined(__GNUC__)

  #if __GNUC__ == 3

  void
  std::reverse(std::vector<double>::iterator, std::vector<double>::iterator);

  #else

  template void
  std::reverse(std::vector<double>::iterator, std::vector<double>::iterator);

  #endif

  #endif

Thanks very much for the help, delivered so quickly!!

Dan.

--
Dan E. Kelley                                     phone:(902)494-1694
Oceanography Department, Dalhousie University       fax:(902)494-2885