Re: Runlevel for powersaving

Ho

pzycrow@hotmail.com schrieb:
> I have a suggestion, Why not define Runlevel 3&5 as
> Powersaving mode console/powersaving mode graphics and put
> some laptop specific services in those runlevels.

I did a very similar thing on my notebook as well, it's really
nice, but using apmd "events" for this would be even cuter,
since apm knows when AC is plugged in anyway.

Looking at apmd(8), it seems "change power" would fit, but
unfortunately it doesn't tell you wheter AC was plugged in or
out. Maybe something like "change power [ AC | battery ]" would
serve better ...

ciao, 2ri
--
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's
character, give him power.