Re: upgrading only urgency=high packages

On Tue, 1 May 2001, Adam Heath wrote:

> On Tue, 1 May 2001, Francois Gouget wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 1 May 2001, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> > [...]
> > <day-dreaming>
> >    Yum. I'd love to see the changelog in dselect before I decide whether
> > to upgrade a package or not.
> > </day-dreaming> :-)
>
> apt-get install apt-listchanges

   I know about apt-listchanges but, AFAIU, it extracts the changelog
from the .deb files. So you cannot get this changelog before downloading
the .deb packages. It's when I'm still in dselect deciding which
packages to upgrade that I would like to check the changelog to see if
it's worth upgrading, if it's risky, if it fixes a bug I have
encountered, etc.
   But apt-listchanges is still very useful as an auditing tool: I keep
its emails in a folder and this tells me what I upgraded, when, and what
was the changelog.

   In short, it's an audit tool, not a decision-making tool.

--
Francois Gouget         fgouget@free.fr        http://fgouget.free.fr/
  Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment