Re: ash word-splitting changes break shell scripts

> The autoconf folks try very hard to write portable code.  They go to
> ridiculous lengths to support every major flavour of OS, compiler,
> make, and shell.  Indeed, Zack's tests show that only the recent ash
> behaves differently.

more importantly (to me anyways) is the question of why do we ship an ash that
is completely different from the one the netbsd (upstream) and RH (another

For a long time Xu has played games with ash for seemingly his own amusement.
Frankly it is growing old.