Re: 404's

On Mon, Apr 30, 2001 at 02:00:18PM -0700, Adam McKenna wrote:

> It seems like an easy way to prevent the following would be to update the
> Packages.gz file LAST, after syncing up the other files, IE:
>
> rsync --exclude "Packages*" debian/pool
> rsync --delete debian/pool  (If old packages are even deleted)

As I pointed out in another message, this will cause additional disk space on
the mirrors (the number of changed packages each day seems to be increasing
steadily), and also, with this rsync implementation, will cause nearly every
file in the archive to be checksum-compared twice instead of once.  I doubt the
additional resource consumption is acceptable to all of the mirror operators.
If it is, go for it.

--
 - mdz