Re: Proposing task-debian

Hi,

On Sun, Apr 29, 2001 at 03:38:04AM +0200, Christian Hammers wrote:
> Recently I found two packages, debsig-verify and apt-listchanges only by
> coincidence because I read in a mailing list about them.

Generally, I like the idea of a task-debian metapackage, because I
also just discovered some useful tools by mere accident. However,
please do not make such a task-package depend on debsig-verify,
because after the installation of this program you cannot install
any debpackage with dpkg, dselect or apt anymore, because dpkg by
default uses debsig-verify when it is installed, but debsig-verify
refuses to recognize any package as correctly signed (at least with
the default configuration)!!!

Cheers,
Guenter

--
Linux: Who needs GATES in a world without fences?