Re: configuring ISA PnP devices with kernel 2.4 & isapnptools

On Sat, Apr 28, 2001 at 07:52:38PM -0400, Steve M. Robbins wrote:

> What is already handled by modutils?  Loading the isa-pnp module?
> Configuring the PnP cards?

Sorry, I wasn't talking about the same thing as you.  But, what you want to
do can and should be done through modutils.  By inserting a post-install
statement into a file in /etc/modutils, you can execute arbitrary commands
everytime the isapnp module is loaded.

> > Look in /lib/modules/$(version)/modules.isapnpmap
>
> That file is rather cryptic, to me.  Can you expand on this?

It's just a mapping from ids to module names.