Re: kernel-{image,headers} package bloat breaks module builders

    Herbert> I doubt the increase is going to be that significant.
    Herbert> Since most of these will eventually become part of the
    Herbert> mainstream kernel or get dropped.

I hope that is not actually the trend we see.

    >> image.

    Herbert> If your module source is properly constructed, you should
    Herbert> be able to get away with a build-depends on the

No, I can't.  kernel-package, which is the exported public interface
for building modules on Debian does not support this.  Convince Manoj
to support kernel-headers packages for modules and you have a much
more reasonable argument.