Re: Proper Virtual Package Selection for Althea

On Wed, Apr 25, 2001 at 09:48:24PM +0200, Bas Zoetekouw wrote:
> Hi Jimmy!
> > but I don't have the time right now to remember how to write a procmail recipe
> > to filter out the list into a separate folder to prevent my inbox from getting
> > too large. (Any help on this would be appreciated as well.)

No doubt this will spark a large rash of emails helping. I may as well
get in while I can.

> This will put all mail from debian-devel into a mailbox "Debian" (in the
> default maildir):
> :0
> * ^x-loop:.*debian-devel@lists.debian.org
> debian

A slight more generic one is:

* ^((List-Id|X-(Mailing-)?List):(.*[<]\/[^>]*))

        # all Debian things ...
        * LISTID ?? debian-\/[^@.]*

Which you can then make use of if you happen to subscribe to other mailing
lists which contain list-id (most) or x-mailing-list (a few).