Re: 2.4.x Kernel, ECN And Problem Websites

On Wed, 25 Apr 2001, Herbert Xu wrote:

> Wichert Akkerman <wichert@cistron.nl> wrote:
> > Previously Herbert Xu wrote:
> >> That's the wrong solution.  It prevents people who want to use ECN from
> >> using it.  The correct solution is to disable it in /etc/sysctl.conf.
> >> However, I just had a look, and sysctl.conf is in procps which isn't
> >> essential.  So we may need to move this functionality to an essential
> >> package, perhaps sysvinit.
>
> > How about netbase and put it in /etc/network/options ?
>
> Yep, that sounds like a nice place.  Anthony, how about it?

Does "this functionality" mean disabling ECN or sysctl.conf?

Controlling 2nd and 3rd button emulation on my Apple TiBook laptop is done
from sysctl.conf, and it whould be odd to have that in a networking
package (or shouldn't I worry and simply consider the whole pool
of essential stuff a "package"?).

- Jonas

--
Jonas Smedegaard   <jonas@jones.dk>   http://www.jones.dk/~jonas/