Re: kernel-{image,headers} package bloat breaks module builders

On Tue, Apr 24, 2001 at 09:33:13AM -0500, Adam Heath wrote:
> On Wed, 25 Apr 2001, Daniel Stone wrote:
>
> > On Wed, Apr 25, 2001 at 09:15:09AM +1000, Herbert Xu wrote:
> > > I think your concerns are not well-founded.  If you have a sane build
> > > system, then building them is as simple as a for loop.  Have look at the
> > > way kernel-image-i386 is built if you don't understand what I'm talking
> > > about.
> >
> > Not everyone has a quad-Athlon 1.4GhZ. Some of us have to deal with
> > shit-slow machines. On which 14 builds take a very, very long time.
>
> Who says you have to compile debian packages on only machines you own?

So tell elmo to get me through, and not, not do anything for 2 months. The
only other faster machines I have access to, run RedHat or Mandrake, and I
can't afford anything better for at least one or two months' time.

--
Daniel Stone
Linux Kernel Developer