console in testing

Hi all,

what's the story with console packages in testing? I see
console-tools and console-utilities that conflict with each other,
console-common that replaces console-data... and there's nothing
in my /usr/share/keymaps so I can't check if loadkeys will fix
my problem (below).

The problem I'm having is that arrow keys in mutt don't work now. They
used to work on vc < 4... at least things are consistent now. :(
(And no, adding "bind generic <down> next-line" to .muttrc does not
work: I still get "key not bound"). Interestingly enough, it only
happens in mutt. Slrn and jed don't have this problem.

So, how do I get my arrow keys back? What console-* packages do I
install to get keymaps, and which keymap do I load? Or is it a bug
in mutt?

I run kernel 2.4.3 & framebuffer console, if it makes any difference.
TIA

Dima
--
E-mail dmaziuk at bmrb dot wisc dot edu (@work) or at crosswinds dot net (@home)