Re: kernel-{image,headers} package bloat

On Tue, Apr 24, 2001 at 08:21:28PM +1000, Herbert Xu wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 24, 2001 at 08:18:42PM +1000, Daniel Stone wrote:
> >
> > I can understand why you might say that that's a valid point, but IMHO, we
> > shouldn't fuck up current users (by overloading mirrors), just so we can
> > support LAZY users to compile something THAT IS NOT EVEN IN DEBIAN.
>
> Do you actually have any hard facts regarding mirrors broken by kernel
> images or do you just like spreading FUD?

ftp.au.d.o and mirror.aarnet.edu.au, the only two Australian Debian mirrors
I know, currently have out-of-sync sid Packages and actual packages.
Obviously this isn't directly caused by the kernel sources, but the extra
load does *not* help one iota.

--
Daniel Stone
Linux Kernel Developer