Re: chroot bind?

On Mon, Apr 23, 2001 at 07:32:44AM -0400, Jaldhar H. Vyas wrote:

> Well, yeah.  The problem is we can't change files from other
> packages-especially if they are confffiles.

However, is it all right to create script installed with the package which
does the deed.  Rather than forcing the admin to edit the files themselves.
While still being manual.

Is there a generic system at all with in debian for say the following:

generic file /etc/syslog/devices which is created by a syslog package,
but other (chroot) packages can add their entries too in a specified
manner though some interface?

Nicholas