Re: kernel-{image,headers} package bloat

Herbert Xu (2001-04-22 22:23:04 +1000) :

> Craig Sanders <cas@taz.net.au> wrote:
>
> > that would be one package, taking maybe a few hundred kilobytes total.
>
> > call it kernel-helper and make it depend on kernel-package.
>
> > problem solved.
>
> But why not take this one step further, let's just distribute what's
> in build-essential and let the users compile the rest.  Let's rewind
> the clock back to times when men were men, and they compiled
> everything on their own box :)

Nonono, we should automate it as much as possible.  I envision a
global Makefile somewhere, and a ports/ directory, and a
make-world.sh, and...  And then Debian GNU/BSD!  Yay!

  Seriously though, I think Craig's idea of a kernel-helper is cool.

Roland.
--
Roland Mas

Plus on en fout, plus y'en a du riz.