Re: ITP: ttf-japanese-kandata

On Fri, Apr 20, 2001 at 11:58:12AM +0000, Takashi Okamoto wrote:
> At Thu, 19 Apr 2001 21:49:57 +0900,
> Masayuki Hatta wrote:
> > > license:
> > > http://www.asahi-net.or.jp/%7Esd5a-ucd/freefonts/AlternativeViews/copyFree.html
> > > (only japanese)
> > > It's not generic license, but it's adaptable to DFSG.
> >
> > I think you should provide English translation of this page.
>
> You are right. Although I'll not transrate it into English because
> people other than Japanese aren't interested in this font.

JIS X 0213 covers a large section of Unicode 3.1 that's probably not
covered by any other font in Debian. Anyone can chose to install a
font because they want to learn Japanese or would just rather have
actual characters instead of boxes on their screen. Just as
importantly, the license terms of Debian are, in part, the union
of the terms on all the packages. So, for the distribution terms
of Debian to be understandable by any developer, all the licenses
should have translations into English.

--
David Starner - dstarner98@aasaa.ofe.org
"I don't care if Bill personally has my name and reads my email and