Re: upgrading openldapd --> slapd

    Brian> Hello, I have modified my /etc/init.d/slapd file to
    Brian> automatically invoke slapd with -h ldaps://

    Brian> However, this works when typed manually, however, when my
    Brian> computer rebooted, it did not have this extra
    Brian> parameter. (as shown by ps).

I found my problem. Is this a bug?

1. Upgrading openldapd (potato) --> slapd (unstable) automatically
removes (not purges) openldapd.

2. On boot, /etc/init.d/openldapd from openldapd package starts slapd.

3. Later, /etc/init.d/slapd from slapd package starts slapd again, but
it fails because slapd was already running.

Hence, none of my changes to /etc/init.d/slapd had any affect, because
/etc/init.d/openldapd was getting used instead.

Yes, /etc/init.d/openldapd checks that /usr/sbin/slapd exists, but as
the slapd package provides this same file, the check is useless in
this case. However, I feel that because openldapd has been removed,
then /etc/init.d/openldapd should be a NOP and return immediately.

Comments?
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>