Re: ALL: PARANOID from /etc/hosts.deny Should be Commented by default

On Wed, Apr 18, 2001 at 03:13:38PM -0500, Stephen Langasek wrote:
> If you have /any/ software
> on your machine which logs hostnames instead of IPs, and your software
> doesn't check to make sure the forward and reverse match, it's relatively
> easy for an attacker to throw you off his trail.

PS to my last message.  If we can verify that openssh sshd isn't
fooled by this trick (ie, it does its own cross-checks, or only logs
IP addresses, or gets the hostname from libwrap), would anyone
accept turning off PARANOID for ssh only?

Andrew