Re: Followup: Syslog

Peter Cordes writes:

On Wed, Apr 18, 2001 at 01:57:33PM +0100, Andrew Stribblehill wrote:
Not every filesystem that Linux works with supports the append-only
flag. If append-only is attempted, it must be able to cope with this
absence. (I'm sure I'm not the only one that has /var/log symlinked
to /mnt/floppy ;)

 Other arguments about the utility of append-only aside, why not use ext2
floppies? There's not too much space overhead.

If you are going to go to that much trouble, use a CD writer for logging. Ken Seefried, CISSP