Re: Strangeness with console-tools

On Tue, 17 April 2001 18:26:05 -0300, Henrique M Holschuh wrote:
> > You misspelled "doesn't", for verily, it is an eternal truth.

It sure is.

> I suppose you're right in both accounts. Maybe I should not have deleted the
> paragraphs in the bug report where I was a bit more... explicit about what I
> thought when I had to do a remote login to fix the keyboard map.

I cannot believe it. I simply cannot believe it. How in this
world is it possible to wreck the keymap that often? In the
last year at least 5 or 6 versions killed my keymap and I
with some stuff (some russian keymap that appeared out of
nowhere) it took me hours for I had no hands- on access to
that box...

Now I log in some minutes ago (or at least I tried) and it
did not work. Say what, having to guess if it is at least
the US keymap sucks big rocks. It eventually worked and a
dpkg-reconfigure was my friend, but to say I am fed up is
like being way too nice.

> Nah.  Everyone deserves a second chance.  Once in a while, anyway.

Dear Mr. Yann Dirson, whatever you do, no matter what, just
make it work, please. These changed keymaps can cost some
admins' head on a rainy day and IMNSHO this happened once
too often... *sigh*

Alexander,
tired and what not, now going to bed or something...

--
Alexander Koch - <>< - WWJD - aka Efraim - PGP 0xE7694969 - KOCH1-RIPE