Re: Debian X package shouldn't install XDM by default

On Mon, Apr 16, 2001 at 04:17:58PM +0200, Cristian Ionescu-Idbohrn wrote:
> What's the use of all that XDM (and the like) extra cruft? The
> diffrence, as I see it, is 6 letters and a ^M. My recommendation has
> always been the above. But I want to see the light :)

C-A-F1 C-z bg %1 echo 'echo "Your console has been hacked"' >> ~/.bashrc

Locking an X session does not lock the console you started it from.  If
you started X from a display manager of some sort, you don't have that
problem.  Most people have pretty lax security at home, so perhaps that's
not much of an issue for you.

--
Joseph Carter <knghtbrd@debian.org>                Free software developer

<Teknix> our local telco has admitted that someone "backed into a
         button on a switch" and took the entire ATM network down

<netgod> hopefully now routers are designed better, so the "network
         off" swtich is on the back