Re: Format of Description fields

On Sun, Apr 15, 2001 at 10:42:41PM -0400, Daniel Burrows wrote:
>   In short: should frontends perform word-wrapping or not?  Should bugs
> of appropriate severity (normal or minor IMO) be filed against packages
> which improperly format their descriptions or not?

Lintian has a number of warnings about improperly formatted descriptions.
Obviously it can't know what was intended, but it warns about obvious
mistakes like indenting the entire description, or using the nonexistent
formatting codes, or making bulleted lists without indenting them.
Do we have an archive-wide Lintian report somewhere?  Scanning it
would be useful for this.

This reminds me, it's about time for another spelling check :)

Richard Braakman