Re: Can't configure 3rd button on mouse

On Sat, 14 Apr 2001 19:15:07 EDT Dale Scheetz <dwarf@polaris.net> wrote:

> The Problem: I have a cordless Logitech mouse and keyboard. The mouse has
> a right and a left button, as well as a middle button/wheel.
>
> Set up on the Microsoft protocol, the right and left button work, but the
> middle one doesn't. Setting "emulate 3 button" doesn't work either.
>
> Setting up Logitec protocol, nothing works, not even mouse movement.
>
> I've tried as many things as look reasonable over the last several years,
> and I've been unable to get the thing to work.
>
> Anyone have one of these that they made work?
>
> All suggestions welcome!

I actually have one of these things. Is this the PS/2 version? If it is,
try protocol "IMPS/2". This works fine for me - all three buttons and
the wheel function.
--
"Meat. They're made out of meat."

"It's better than bad, it's good!"

(I subscribe to all lists that I post to; please do not Cc me on list
reply)
Chris Danis                                 screech@mad.scientist.com
                                                   screechco@home.com
                                                     dadanish@usa.net