Re: mtx 1.2, anybody?

On Thu, 12 Apr 2001, Colin Watson wrote:
> Unfortunately, we generally don't apply such substantial upgrades to our
> stable releases, as that would really make them no longer stable.
> However, mtx 1.2.10 is already in Debian testing/unstable, and will be
> in our next stable release.

Very good. I suppose I should go try to find out who is the Debian
maintainer, so I can fuss at him for not letting me know that he was
already at work :-). Meanwhile, I'm installing 'potato' and shall see how
it works there (I've had a report from a user that it doesn't work, and
this is puzzling).

BTW, you don't have to apologize for being stable. Five words: Red Hat
7.0, Mandrake 7.2. 'Nuff said. (Both are total garbage, quality-wise, but
hey, they have a pretty installer, and that's all that reviewers care
about... sheesh!).

--
Eric Lee Green  http://www.badtux.org  mailto:eric@badtux.org
     Phoenix Branch -- Eric Conspiracy Secret Labs