Re: Applications that access Z39.50 servers

Douglas Bates <bates@stat.wisc.edu> writes:

> Also, if anyone knows about the USMARC record format and can recommend
> software to crack it, I would appreciate hearing from you.  Librarians
> seem to have peculiar ways of organizing information.

How do you want the records cracked?  There are a few things out
there... I've got something which will decompose records into a format
with plaintext descriptions... most leave the numeric tags.  Mine
hasn't been released, but I could let you play with it.

There's just something I don't like about Virginia; the state.