Re: ftp filesystem

On Wed, Apr 11, 2001 at 08:03:43PM +0100, Malcolm Parsons wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 11, 2001 at 02:14:42PM -0400, Steve M. Robbins wrote:
> > Suppose I'm at home, and want to get at my files from a remote site
> > that doesn't export filesystems to me.  I have a shell account there,
> > so I can use ftp (or scp), but what I'd really prefer is a filesystem
> > view
>
> Have you looked at ftpfs?   http://ftpfs.sourceforge.net/

No, I hadn't heard of it.  Thanks!

Ftpfs looks like it can fit the bill, as long as there is an ftp
server running.  That is true of one of the systems I'm interested
in using, but some systems don't have ftp available.  So I'm really
hoping to find a user-space solution that can be hacked to accomodate
ftp-over-ssh (e.g. using port forwarding) or something.

-S