Re: debian 2.3

On Wed, Apr 11, 2001 at 09:21:50AM -0700, John H. Robinson, IV wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 10, 2001 at 11:02:01PM -0700, Sam Powers wrote:
> >
> > I was aware of reiserfs issues on other archetectures, but iirc, you don't
> > need to make root or boot reiser.. if you want to use reiserfs, you can
> > either use /boot instead of /, or make / ext2 (it doesn't take long to fsck
> > at all unless you're a newbie and make a giant root partition)
>
> or use the GRUB bootloader. it can read ReiserFS, so you can be 100%
> Reiser and be the envy of all your friends.
  Correction: It can usually read most reiserfs partitions.  So, yes, you
can be the envy of all your friends till reiser drops a kernel in a way grub
doesn't like.  Or worse, stage2.  First case: just boot a different kernel
and finagle the filesystem.  Second case: I hope you made a grub floppy.

  It's not all rosy yet.
  Especially when you wander from the "standard" system.  I need to test
this again, but last time I tried to use grub on my home system it managed
to disable the bios's USB keyboard emulation. Leaving me keyboardless.

  - Nick Lopez
    kimo_sabe@atdot.org
--
Programming is like sex; one mistake and you have to support for a
life time.