Re: potato bugs...(ugh)

On Tue, Apr 10, 2001 at 09:57:17AM -0700, George Schave wrote:
> i cant seem to find a picture of a potato bug to show my kids(project for school) and i dont know the clinical name for this insect...could u send a picture of one if possible? thx Susan

Hi Susan,

First off try this link for a nice photo of the real "potato bug":
http://www.ifas.ufl.edu/~insect/veg/leaf/cpb_adult02.htm

If you are mystified about the strange answers you got to your query,
that is because you asked the wrong mailing list. You probably
stumbled upon our project through some search engine looking for
potatos and bugs. debian-devel@lists.debian.org is an email list in
which discussion pertaininig to the development of an operating system
called Debian GNU/Linux occurs. Our last software release was
codenamed potato (after the Toy Story character :-)), and it had
"bugs" (program errors) that were mostly fixed. Hopefully, this should
explain your honest mistake. However, we all had a good laugh at the
break from the (sometimes) boring discussions that take place in this
list. Good luck with your kids' project.

Gopal.

--
Gopal Narayanan <gopal@debian.org> <gopal@astro.umass.edu>
Debian GNU/Linux Developer