Re: Simple questions

On Thu, Apr 05, 2001 at 11:48:26PM +0200, Petr Cech wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 05, 2001 at 03:47:14PM -0600 , J. R. Westmoreland wrote:
> > Is there a way to remove a task and all of its dependencies?
> > E.G., task-kde.
>
> no

Well, what you /can/ do in dselect is
 - look at the task package
 - try to purge one package that the task depends on
 - in the resulting conflict screen, purge some/all other packages
   that the task depended on, and the task itself

However, this leaves behind "2nd-level" dependencies, e.g. libraries
used by some of the packages the task pulled in. There is a tool which
can list/remove these libraries, but whose name escapes me for the
moment.

Cheers,

  Richard

--