Re: Configuration Files created at Installation Time

On Wed, Apr 04, 2001 at 01:19:02PM +0200 , Stefan Hornburg (Racke) wrote:

> Some packages doesn't have their configuration files
> in PACKAGE.conffiles, like exim and apache.
> They are created at installation file, so I see no
> way to get them into.
> This is bad IMHO because they cannot purged.

Why? It's the job of postrm of corresponding package to remove itself
completly

(example from apache.postrm)
if [ "$1" = "purge" ]
then
    rm -rf /var/lib/apache
    rm -rf /var/log/apache
    rm -rf /var/run/apache
    rm -rf /var/run/apache_runtime_status
    rm -rf /var/run/apache.status
    rm -rf /var/run/apache.scoreboard
    rm -rf /etc/apache

    if [ -e /var/www ]
    then
        echo Website at /var/www has NOT been deleted.
    fi
fi

> Is there a solution for this problem ?

see above
				Petr Cech
--
Debian GNU/Linux maintainer - www.debian.{org,cz}
           cech@atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz

<woot> "What do you mean it's not packaged in Debian?"