postinst freeze?

Hi.

Just got a bug on a package I'm maintaining (FilterProxy) - the problem is
that when you upgrade filterproxy, it hangs in postinst. I've looked over the
postinst script in the .deb file, and really can't see what the problem is...

It occured right after I started using debconf to show a single message
(Type: note).

The last lines of postinst sound like this:

# Automatically added by dh_installinit
if [ -e "/etc/init.d/filterproxy" ]; then
	update-rc.d filterproxy default > /dev/null
	/etc/init.d/filterproxy start
fi
# End automatically added section

The last line of /etc/init.d/filterproxy is an "exit 0" statement. Just
before that, I inserted an "echo debug", and that message appeared just fine
when reinstalling, but the damn thing still hangs.

Also, you can C-c it, and filterproxy is running just fine. Dpkg however,
serves a warning message as usual.

I'm clueless as to what the problem is, can anybody help me?

Rgds
Kenneth Vestergaard Schmidt